Age: 1.5 (Approx. 19 years old)
Height: 18 inches (Human: 5’ 10”)
Breed: Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler)
Job: Herding Dog/Rodeo Dog (Previously)
Sexual Orientation: N/A
Personality: Obedient |Quiet | Protective | Loyal | Hardworking | Intelligent | Clumsy
He was born and bred on a ranch in just on the outskirts of Skiatook, Oklahoma as the runt in a litter of six. His mother, a beautiful Heeler by the name of Isabella and his father, a proud herding dog, Axel, cherished them all. On this ranch, he was trained by his father and masters how to herd cattle and horses. Icarus was taught to never shy away from a bull or an upset stallion. They had always praised him for his intelligence and obedience. The pup was proud with their praise and loved it, enjoyed the attention, even if he was sometimes a bit clumsy at times.
They always took him to rodeos because of his quiet nature. He loved them and they loved him. Or so he had thought. He remembers that it was raining at his last rodeo with hi old master, mud clung to his paws and he stood there, whimpering. Intelligent eyes had watched as money was passed between his master and then this new man who smelt of beer and sweat. He didn’t seem kind at all. Not at all. His new master was rough. Unkind. Left him outside to sleep in the rain. He didn’t mind though. His father had told him to always be loyal to his master. So that is what he did. He stayed loyal and obedient. It had always been drilled into him.
His trust never wavered of humans, because he knew even if this man was not as kind as his last, he was still his master. Hard working, Icarus took on any obstacle that was placed before him in his short life. He took on bulls, who charged him without a care. Stallions could attempt to trample him, but they got close. He was quick and wise for such a young age. He knew better to get to close.
That trust he had held though started to waver when the cruel man had used a choke chain on him. It had hurt so bad with it had gotten caught and he was left gasping for air. It hurt. His throat had burned for weeks and the man didn’t even seem to care. He started to hate this man, but he never disobeyed. He would never do something like that. He didn’t even disobey as he was left behind at his last rodeo. He was dirty, hungry and tired as laid there for a few days, waiting for him to come back. The man was kind enough to leave the last few items of his old home with him. He laid curled up around his stuffed cow, bandana around his neck a mess. He could really use a bath, but he didn’t move, until eventually the thought of his cruel master would never come back. He cried. He cried for his mother’s loving touch his father’s gentle instructions and his master’s kind words. He wanted his old home so bad it hurt. As new ranchers starter to come in for the rodeo, he gathered up his cow and started to walk, living off of what he could find.
- He had once gotten nicked by a bull’s horn when he was still living with his first master and a small notch in his ear is missing.
- Icarus has a fear of cats, thanks to the old barn cat that he had encountered as a puppy.
- The cow plushie he carries around is all that he has left of his first home and he freaks out if he can’t find it.
- Hidden underneath the bandana, is a white line of fur from when the choke collar had choked him. In his human form, the skin is definitely discolored around that area, but is also hidden underneath his bandana.
- Unlike many dogs of his breed, he isn’t very dominating when it comes to other dogs and follows blindly.
- Despite his slight clumsy tendencies, he is very fast on his feet and agile.
- He tends to herd things if he feels like they are being threatened. He has done it to children before in the park, when a threatening dog had come near them. Icarus had herd them towards their parent and stood his guard.
- Even though he was abandoned by his new master, he still loves humans and wishes he could find his old master again…
- He is a stray .
- Icarus likes to play in water and get dirty, but always enjoys a nice bath.
- Out of all of the human food he has eaten, his favorite is an hamburger and sometimes, he can be found eating them. Milkshakes are amazing as well in his opinion.
- Little country boy has a country accent and doesn't even try to hide it when he is talking.
- If you must know, he is easily flustered when it comes to any form of flirting and doesn't seem to be interested in anything at the moment. However, he has been known to lean more towards males, then females, but he has nothing against either gender.
- Even though is a part of Ataneq's pack, he still quietly wishes to have a home he can call his own in the country.
- Icarus absolutely loves children and enjoys playing with them.
- He is a purebreed Australian Cattle Dog, with papers and everything, and had the possible of being a show dog instead of a Ranch Dog. He much prefers the work on a ranch though.
Moni is absolutely amazing for drawing his human form for me because I am so cruntched on time with portfolio coming of. I love it to pieces and her. Absolutely amazing.
If you wish to roleplay with him, I'll be in the chats rarely, but send me a note and I'll share my Skype information with you or actually note roleplay with you~
Icarus (As the Character and the dog drawing) (c) SmokenOak
The Drawing of Icarus Human Form (c) Sacredium
Great backstory too!
Maybe our bbies can meet someday hehe
Chou You: -clings to his arm-
Icarus: *smiles and pets head*
She is so short xD